Friday, February 20, 2015

Babies and Beer

Every Saturday for the past month, Dan and I have been meeting up with other parents for walks, lunch, and drinks.  The group is called "Babies and Beer."  It's sort of like a playdate, but for grown-ups!  We really enjoy it, and we're thankful to have so many new friends in the area!

Here are some pictures of our last meetup-- a party at our apartment with pizza, beer, and Cards Against Humanity.  It was totally irreverent and loud, which was perfect.  We fit 16 adults (and 8 babies) into our little living room!

A shot of the group from the couch
Ryan (far right), Amy, and Noah (5 months)
Noah!
Another shot of the group.  We all fit pretty well!
It's really nice to include the dads-- not just moms and babies.
Lua sits with her dad in between naps
Sequoia (3 months) and her mommy
Lyra (3 months) and her dad.  Tired from all that partying!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, going out on a limb here... My wife and I recently had our first (Lana Renee) and we're also new to the area. We heard about the beer and baby events, but can't seem to find anything in Santa Cruz/Capitola. This blog is the only mention I could find. So, can you help us out?

    Side note, even if this comment will not get answered. I really enjoyed the photo's and stories. You've got an adorable kid, happiness galore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Izak!! Congrats on your little one!! That is such a beautiful name.

      My husband and I were also recent transplants with a new baby, so I remember what it was like. We moved when she was six weeks old!

      Are you on Facebook? You can search me by name (Lisa Spencer) and I can link you to a few helpful groups. Otherwise, you can email me at lisajospencer@gmail.com :)

      Best, Lisa

      Delete